Pictage recently announced that they are discontinuing their service. Please be assured that this will not affect access to your ShootQ or Nimbus services. ShootQ is here to stay and we are currently evaluating integrating with other proofing solutions. As a matter of fact, we are actively working on an integration with ShootProof as we speak.
However, due to Pictage's eventual closure, ShootQ will be disabling the Pictage integration and discontinuing the Pictage P3 service on Thursday, September 24, 2015.
What this means:
- Shoots will no longer by synced to Pictage after this date. Also, no future bookings will be synced to Pictage.
- Updating client/shoot information in ShootQ will no longer update on the event in Pictage
- Any Pictage products that you have listed in your price list will remain in your price list unless you manually remove them.
- P3 will no longer be a payment option.
- Invoices that are still using P3 as the payment method on this date will revert to "Collect Payments Manually".
- P3 refunds will not be available after your studio's last Pictage billing date. Refunds after that point will need to be made directly to the client in the form of cash, check, etc.
Alternatives to P3
As alternatives to Pictage P3 we offer integrations with several popular merchant accounts listed below. Unlike P3, all of these integrations require the client to enter their credit card each time they make a payment on an invoice. However, we are actively evaluating our existing merchant integrations in hopes of adding a recurring billing feature similar to that of Pictage P3.
Most of these companies charge about 2.9% plus $0.30 per transaction. They all allow for US and Canadian dollars except PayJunction (US only). There may also be conversion rate fees for Canadian studios. And some charge a monthly fee. Please contact these respective companies directly regarding their pricing and features. The most popular merchant accounts with ShootQ users are Authorize.net and Stripe. However, we suggest basing your decision on the particular needs of your studio.
When evaluating a new service, you may want to consider the following:
1. How much does it cost per transaction?
2. Are there any monthly fees?
3. Are there any conversion rate fees (for Canadian businesses)?
4. How long does it take to get your money? Is direct deposit an option?
You may want to contact these companies directly with any additional questions you may have. They all offer support contact info on their websites.
If you set up a new account, this article will explain how to integrate a new merchant account with ShootQ.
We want to make this transition as easy as possible for you. If you have any questions or need assistance please feel free to contact us at 888-974-6687 (M-F 8am-5pm PT) or submit a support ticket.
The Q Team