We’ve just released a batch of updates to ShootQ. We chose features we think EVERYONE will love. This release is the second part of our two-phaser!
Here are some of the major updates this round:
- Product Options Visible to Clients – This feature lets your clients choose product options from the “share pricing” pages and proposals. While this has been an awesome internal tool for photographers to keep their product options organized, it is now also available for clients to view and choose options. With this release, the feature now works for ShootQ accounts … and our January Nimbus release will update this feature there as well! Read More>>>
- Calendar Filtering For Users – We’ve added a side panel on the calendar tab for easy navigation to see who is scheduled for a shoot or appointment and who is not. Check It Out>>>
- Import CSV Contacts - We added the ability to import Contacts via a CSV File upload. Learn More>>>
- Navigation Sub-Menus- This new setting lets you create sub-menu dropdowns on your Nimbus site’s navigation bar. You can find it under Settings > Navigation. Just drag a menu item to the right (it will become indented), and it instantly becomes a Sub-Menu dropdown item on your site. Read More>>>
- Post-Booking Pricing Page - This long requested feature is sure to be a new favorite! You can now create a pricing page to offer your clients after they have booked with you. You can designate specific packages and add-ons to be purchased post-booking. With this release, the feature now works for ShootQ accounts … and our January Nimbus release will update this feature there as well! Learn More>>>
Here’s a list of some additional changes & fixes:
- The Proposal Expiration feature has been updated to allow users to save their settings as a default.
- Events scheduled on the 31st of the month were previously not visible on the calendar view – this bug has now been fixed.
Here are some screenshots from the Pricing Settings, displaying how to setup your Post-Booking Pricing Page.
When modifying or creating products or services, you can select if you would like to allow clients to add-on this item after booking time. This gives you the ability to offer it on your Post-Booking Pricing Page.
When modifying or creating packages, you can select if you would like to make this package available post-booking. This gives you the ability to offer it on your Post-Booking Pricing Page.
Once you have completed modifying or creating your pricing, you will continue onto the Share Pricing tab. You will notice there is a new area that provides a link to view your Post-Booking Page.
Select the packages and add-ons that you would like to display for your pre-booking page and your post-booking page. You will see which package will display on which pricing page based on the labels.
Can you only set up a post-booking pricing page if you have an account that allows you to have more than 1 pricing page? I only have 1 pricing page in my account so I don't see a place where I can create a post-booking pricing page.