In order to use the Advanced Email Deliverability option (under Settings > Emails > Deliverability & Composition) in ShootQ, a TXT record must be added to the end of the DNS for your website or domain name hosting provider. This article explains how to do this in GoDaddy.
In Go Daddy:
- Enter your Domain Manager and click the "DNS Zone File" sub-tab.
- Scroll down to the TXT (Text) section
- Click “Add Record" and enter the following
- Record Type: TXT (Text)
- Host: @
- Text: v=spf1 include:mailspf.shootq.com a mx ~all
- TTL: 1 hour
- Save the settings
- In a bit (anywhere from five minutes to several hours), if you go to Settings > Emails > Deliverability & Composition and select the advanced option, you should either see a “Verified” or “Misconfigured” message letting you know if it was set up correctly.
- IMPORTANT: If the SPF record is "Misconfigured" the emails you send from ShootQ will likely be treated as spam. Please make sure it is configured properly and the status is "Verified" in order to prevent your emails from being marked as spam by the client.
- NOTE: These instructions are for when you have not previously entered an SPF rule in your domain admin panel. If you already see something listed in the TXT section of your domain manager, just add include:mailspf.shootq.com to the text record.
If you have any further questions about configuring an SPF Record in GoDaddy, please contact GoDaddy's support team.