If your Main Contact is your Event Coordinator or Planner, and you are trying to use Authorize.net CIM Recurring billing, there is a caution that you must take to prevent billing the wrong client. Never leave your Coordinator as the Bill To - this will cause a financial mess.
Example- The Authorize.net CIM Recurring billing system stores clients based off of their email address (because these are unique). If you have firstname.lastname@example.org as your main contact on 20 shoots (way to go for getting a great referrer), that means in Authorize.net CIM, you will still only have one email@example.com entry, with 20 invoices assigned to Ann, all with one card!
In order to bill each client individually, you will need to create the client as the Bill To (in Billing & Legal) and THEN update the credit card. Detailed steps are as follows:
If your contract is signed directly with the coordinator
- Go ahead and book the shoot with the Coordinator as the main contact (so they are listed on the contract).
- Once booked, go to shoot's Billing & Legal section and change the Bill To drop-down from the Coordinator to the paying party.
- ex: If the MOB is paying, create a relationship for her in your contacts and assign her to the Shoot. Make sure to get a valid email address as this is required for through ShootQ.
If your contract is signed by the client (by way of the Coordinator)
- Up until now, your Coordinator was probably the main contact. When you are ready to book, update the Main contact to the party signing the contract (the client).
- Since the client is already the main contact, they are also listed as the Bill To for the invoice. You will not need to change this unless someone else is paying on their behalf.
- If another party is paying, create a relationship for that person in your contacts and assign him/her to the Shoot. Make sure to get a valid email address as this is required for Authorize.net CIM Recurring billing.